Leelou Blogs

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Fender Bender/Message Sender

I went up to Bear Lake this last weekend for my friend's birthday. We went to her cabin with a bunch of friends and her family. The car with all of us friends went up later because I had a preview of my senior pictures to go to. We were about five minutes away from her cabin when we went to take a turn on a bridge and hit ice. The second we hit the ice we started swirving and that turned into spinning. We spun for what seemed like forever. I remember thinking "when is it going to hit already?!" Then we hit. When we hit the back end of the car seemed to bounce up. I was in the back middle. After we hit we spun about three more times and then the car came to a stop. We were in the middle of the road. The first thing I thought was Ow, my neck hurts, and then how are we alive right now? We all came out of the trance we were in and got out to check out the car. The two infront were out first, and I asked if the car was o.k. One of them came to the window with the bumper/fender and said " no." We all got out and after looking at the front of the car and crying we said a prayer right there in the middle of the road for having our lives saved. My friend that was driving said the first thing she saw flash through her mind was us falling into the river, and I have to say I was picuring us falling over as well, but I didn't know it was a river that was there!


























As you can see from the pictures we were very protected. When we got out of the car we were amazed that the car was in such good condition. We knew that we hit hard, and twice, we think. After all the spinning and all we were amazed that nothing was wrong with the tires. My friend and I brought the bumper back to the cabin holding it out the passenger side window. On the way home we had problems with things dragging really bad on the bottom, but we made it. What I didn't say yet is the amazing part. My friend that was driving never over corrected or anything while we were spinning and everything. After we all got out she told us that she didn't even have the wheel; that someone else had it. We all knew who this was, and that's why we thanked him right away. We were telling eachother all night: "Obviously we're living right and are here for a reason." After this and the rafting incident I have been reminded of my Heavenly Father's love for me, and the fact that even though I might not know what it is, he has a great plan for me as well. We all walked away with just some bruising. My friend that was driving hit her head on the steering wheel, and was burned pretty badly from the seatbelt. My friend that was sitting next to me was burned by her seatbelt and hit her head on the window. I walked away with just a small burn from the seatbelt that is now gone, and the other two were just really shaken up. It's been interesting to try and drive in the snow again for work, but I know that the Lord loves and knows me. I'm greatful for this experience, and all that it has taught me.










The lake was iced over a little, but gorgeous!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Senior pictures look so cute. You are almost graduated. Just think it is March already. Yeah Crystal

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm lovin life! I am currently trying to pursue my dreams of becoming a nurse and trying to get into the program. To keep those dreams alive I work two jobs and come home to an awesome family & friends that know just when I need a break. My story is just beginning, but the pages ahead are filling up quickly!