This is my face on the Big Kahuna!
Ride those Rapids!
Believe it or not... we made it on this one! :)
Me expressing the pain of not being able to breathe with the life jacket on. Little did I know how much that would help later ! :) Yes, if you're wondering, I cut my hair. It was on a whim, and I still don't know if I like it!
This last week Mom, Kaylee, and I went to Girl's Camp. We decided we all needed to be like the boy's and go white water rafting down the snake river! It was a blast! We all had so much fun, and ended up learning a lot. The last run of the trip I decided to go on the smaller 5 man raft, and get more of the rapids. It was getting later in the day, and colder, and the wind had picked up, so the rapids were a lot bigger than the run before. We hit a big one called the Big Kahuna. We were good the first rapid, but the second one through four of us off, including our guide which was the young women president's husband. My friend Tiana was the only one to stay on, and she had to help us all up. Once we all got back in we set off to conquer the California Ropes. They're called that because it's just a bunch a continuous HUGE rapids one right after the other. We hit them pretty well, until a huge one came up and took us straight up and down! The raft flipped on us, and the four girls: Me, Tiana, Jessica, and our young women president Tracy were trapped under the raft. Our guide Mike was thrown and caught in the rapids goind down current. Tracy and I got out from under the raft first. I took in way too much water, and kept getting sucked under. I couldn't see Tiana, she was on the other side of the raft, but I could see Jessica's legs, so I pushed up on the raft as much as I could for a girl being pulled under rapids every few seconds. I yelled for her to get out and luckily she was able to. Right after she got out I thought to myself; I should keep my feet up from the rocks, and right then my foot hit a rock, and hit it hard! I knew there were rapids coming up just around the bend, so we all swam as much as we could to shore. Mike was there, and Tracy grabbed him, and he pulled us in. The other rafts caught up to us, and I was bauling and couldn't walk, so they took me and Jessica on what we called the red cross raft after that. Tracy went on the other raft, and Mike and Tiana were troopers and got on the five man again. I was praying the whole way down, and I know if it wasn't for my Heavenly Father giving us all the strength to get to shore I would have given up, and wouldn't be here today! I believe that 2nd Nephi 4:20 applies quite well! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment