Leelou Blogs

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Cowgirl up in Colorado


On the 13th me, Mom, Dad, and Kaylee headed up to Denver to see some family friends. We drove the 9 hours to Denver and met my Uncle Paul for some dinner. We went to a mexican restaraunt, and then drove the 2 hours to our family friends The Schmidt's house. We stayed with them until Sunday afternoon, and then headed home. They sure showed us a good time while we were there!













Me and Kaylee on our way up!


While with our Uncle Paul we walked to the Colorado state capitol, and Kaylee got some great shots.






Me being weird at the one mile above sea level step at the capitol. That's why it's called the Mile High City!







Kaylee on the step







I love the background of this picture. This is on the Schmidt's deck.











Mom on Tattoo before the "big ride"












Randy Schmidt being quite stern about how to ride "chelli", because I was freaking out!!!











Kaylee riding Smokey. she went ahead of all of us, the little cowgirl natural!











After the ride! Left to Right: Tara and Sadie Schmidt, Mom, Me, Randy Schmidt, their neighbor Chuck, and Kaylee










Me & Sadie after our big ride! :)
















We also ended up goint to six flags (now Elitch Gardens) Here is Anica, Me, Zane, Brittley, and Sadie on the bus. I think I was more scared than the kids!








Me on the way home at the Lincoln Monument in Wyoming.
















Kaylee at the monument.


















While we were there Tara convinced Kaylee into taking some family pictures. This was just one of them. They turned out just amazing!









1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday! I wanted to call you today but with the whole time difference thing it makes it kinda of hard! I am sure you are sleeping as I write this. Anyways, hope you had a wonderful day!
    Love,
    Rachelle

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm lovin life! I am currently trying to pursue my dreams of becoming a nurse and trying to get into the program. To keep those dreams alive I work two jobs and come home to an awesome family & friends that know just when I need a break. My story is just beginning, but the pages ahead are filling up quickly!